Saturday, January 22, 2011

Anele

Why is it that if you (and I mean me) don't drink coffee within 3 hours of waking up you get a horrendous headache that doesn't go away until you sleep it off? Not only that---it took me all day to figure out why I had a headache. Clearly I'm the type that needs coffee to coexist with human beings on the planet.

Besides that---the thing that has been on my mind today has been painting. Seniel and I have been trying to figure out the best way to get the salon painted (doing it ourselves or not). I've been looking up what primers are good, what kind of sandpaper to use on the walls and everything-unfortunately there are a million and one things that need to be worried about in order to even begin THINKING about painting.

So besides THAT---what has been on my mind is one of my closest friends, Anele. She left for South America today on the 9:30am boat. She will be down there backpacking around until June 15th. I've never been good with good-byes and I haven't had to say bye to anyone for a long time. What's interesting about it is that I feel her and I have become extremely close from the summer time up until now. It's always amazing when you realize how important a single person is in your life. When she told me that she was going back to South America for SUCH a long amount of time I kind of freaked. Silently of course--I didn't start hysterically crying or anything, just kind of fell silent and upset. I realized that my initial reaction to her leaving was extremely selfish, but I couldn't take it back. I then realized that the feeling I was feeling was simultaneous with pride. At that moment I felt so proud to know her and have her as a friend--sounds quite repetitive of past blog topics right? I know. I just tend to love people in the same linguistic manner.
She is doing all of these amazing things because she wants to, she is saying 'fuck you' to the general plan of college and existing out in the real world. I really think that is amazing for someone to do by themselves and it suits her very well. She has grown so much and I think that's why we get along so well.

No comments:

Post a Comment